Stars College Program
The Stars College program is an interdependent program that welcomes students interested in achieving a certification or degree program. Our hope is to see our students pursue careers aligned with their academic, professional, personal, and spiritual goals. Our program seeks to build and strengthen support systems around our students through Igraduate coaching, resource events, and financial support to help students thrive.
Thank you for your interest in the Stars College Success program. Our 2022 CYCLE 2 Fall application is NOW OPEN and will close on Friday, April 22, 2022 at 11:59PM PST.
Please take a moment to review the eligibility criteria, levels of support, scholarship breakdown & important deadlines.
This application cycle is ONLY open to:
- Must be a current part/full time college student (attending community college, university, or trade school) OR a current high school senior attending community college, university, or trade school in the fall.
- Must be from a low to moderate-income background
- Must apply/be eligible for California Promise Grant
- Must be a Stars alumni (attended Stars programs, mentoring, camps, summer programs)
- If new to the Stars community, the applicant must have participated in at least 3 events/workshops hosted by the college success program.
Please read the scholarship breakdown below carefully. Once you have read through the different levels of support please click on the link corresponding to that specific scholarship. The length and difficulty of the application will range depending on the level you are applying for. Be advised:
- An incomplete application will be automatically disqualified. Please take your time to review each question and submit additional documents required for the level you are applying for.
- You are allowed ONE submission. Our advice is to answer the short/long essay questions in a different document and review them before answering them on the application.
- Make note of the deadline and create a plan to work on the application in a timely manner to give yourself enough time to submit by the deadline.
This application cycle will close FRIDAY, APRIL 22 2022 at 11:59 pm PST. Any application submitted after the deadline or with missing required documents will not be reviewed.
Awards will be announced MAY 2, 2022 by email.
Levels of Support
In partnership with Ascending Lights I Graduate program, we assist students with their academic planning and meet with them regularly to help them navigate through the community college system in preparation to graduate from their desired degree or certificate.
An Igraduate Coach:
- Serves as a college coach
- Goes through training to learn how to best support college students
- Checks in with students regularly
- Meets with students throughout the year
- Helps students develop a long term plan for success
- Serves as an accountability coach
- Connects students to additional resources
If you are interested in becoming an Igraduate coach, please fill out our General Volunteer Application. When choosing the volunteer opportunity you are interested in, please select “Other” and type in “Igraduate Coach.”
Special thanks to our donors that make this scholarship program possible!