Connect. Volunteer. Learn.
Find an opportunity, get involved and access resources.
Stars After School - Homework Time
- Develop friendships
- Work with the same 2-5 students every week
- Help students with homework
- 1st through 12th grade
- Only 1 hour per week
- Tue -Thurs, 5:30-6:30
- Must be 14 years or older.
- August through May
Stars After School - Reading
- Read weekly with a small group of elementary students.
- Encourage a love of reading.
- Practice vocabulary words.
- Tues or Thurs, 4:15-5pm.
- Use beautiful books with easy discussion guides.
- Walk alongside a student
- Develop an impactful relationship
- Average 2 hours/week, at least 1 year
- Receive coaching, support and training
- Group mentoring options also available
- Must be 21 years or older
Kids Reading to Succeed
- Read with students for 1 hour
- 1st Saturday of the month
- No commitment – come when you can!
- First apply (by clicking ‘KRS Application’ below) then click the ‘Details & Signup’ button for more info and to sign up
Education and After School Tools
Read Aloud Guidelines (PDF), from Reading Partners
Enrichment Guidelines (PDF)
Thinking Maps Study Guide
Mentoring When Tutoring (PDF), from AARP Foundation’s Experience Corps Mentor Toolkit.
Behavior Management Tools
Mistaken Goal Chart (PDF}